After being promised 15,000 new flats in 2019, the first Built-To-Order (BTO) sales launch is offering 3,162 units of varying kinds of flats for buyers this February. Available areas include Jurong West, Sengkang and Kallang/Whampoa. This time round, HDB will also be opening up applications for the Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) and Re-Offer of Balance Flats (ROF) alongside the BTOs.
With new BTO flats coming your way, it is no doubt hard for home buyers to make a choice. Comparing different listings take up a lot of time and effort. To ensure that your decision is an informed one, here’s a breakdown of the newly launched BTOs:
1. Jurong West (Non-Mature estate)
Boon Lay Glade
Offering 775 units of Two room Flexi, Three, Four, Five room, and 3Gen flats.
This BTO flat will be within Boon Lay Way and Boon Lay Drive and consists of six residential blocks ranging from 15 to 17 storeys. It is approximately seven minutes walk to Boon Lay MRT station.
- Four-minute walk to Boon Lay Garden Primary School and three-minute to River Valley High School
- Five-minute walk away from Jurong Point, which has NTUC Fairprice and childcare centre My First Skool
- Five-minute on foot to Jurong Central Park
The proximity to Boon Lay MRT is a great advantage. It is three stops away from Jurong East MRT Station (connects to Red Line), six stops from Buona Vista MRT (connects to Circle Line) and 11 stops from Outram Park MRT (Purple Line). This ensures buyers are well linked to the central areas.
If you don’t want to head out too far, retail shops and eateries are readily available five-minutes on foot at Jurong Point Shopping Centre. It has three levels of shops to meet your demands. And if you enjoy taking walks, Jurong Central Park is just across the road. Overall, this area is rather ideal for its convenience and diversity.
Jurong West Jewel
Offering 599 units of Two-room Flexi, Three, Four, and Five-room flats.
This BTO flat will be within Upper Jurong Road and Jurong West Street 93 and comprises of four residential blocks ranging from 12 to 18 storeys. It is an approximately six-minute walk to Pioneer MRT.
- Pioneer Mall is about ten-minute on foot and has Giant supermarket
- Eight-minute walk to Junying Primary School and nine-minute walk to Junying Secondary School
As compared to Boon Lay Glade, it’s location is less ideal because it is further away from town and what’s offered in Pioneer Mall simply cannot compare to Jurong Point. However, it is close to Pioneer MRT which is four stops away from Jurong East MRT station (Red Line).
From Pioneer MRT, there is also a free shuttle bus into Nanyang Technological University every 15 to 20 minutes. This is an advantage for buyers with children who are entering or will be entering university in the near future. Overall, aside from the fact that across the road is Boon Lay industrial area and the park is further away, it is an ideal place for family with schooling children.
General Pricing for both:
- 2-room flexi (38 sqm) – $95,000 to $126,000
- 2-room flexi (47 sqm) – $113,000 to $160,000
- 3-room – $185,000 to $243,000
- 4-room – $257,000 to $364,000
- 5-room – $338,000 to $457,000
- 3Gen – $382,000 to $452,000
2. Sengkang (Non-Mature estate)
Offering 933 units of Two-room Flexi, Three-, Four-, Five-room, and ThreeGen flats.
This BTO flat will be along Fernvale Street and Fernvale Road, comprising of six residential blocks ranging from 17 to 24 storeys in height. It is a one-minute walk from Thanggam LRT station.
- Seven-minute walk from Sengkang Green Primary School
- Proximity to renowned secondary schools such as Pei Hwa Secondary (11-minute) and Nan Chiau High (23-minute)
- Eight-minute walk from Fernvale Point and nine-minute from Seletar Mall
Although it is not close to an MRT station, it is one stop away from Sengkang MRT/LRT station which is connected to the newly revamped Compass One. And if that is not enough, both Fernvale Point and Seletar Mall is within ten-minute on foot. These malls have an endless supply of shops, eateries as well as NTUC Fairprice for grocery shopping.
Sengkang Public Library is also located Compass One for buyers who enjoy reading and spending time browsing through the shelves. Recreational facilities nearby include the Anchorvale Community Club, Sengkang Sports Centre, Sengkang Riverside Park and Punggol Reservoir for them to appreciate.
- 2-room flexi (40 sqm) – $102,000 to $125,000
- 2-room flexi (47 sqm) – $117,000 to $151,000
- 3-room – $191,000 to $242,000
- 4-room – $283,000 to $344,000
- 5-room – $365,000 to $433,000
- 3Gen – $385,000 to $442,000
3. Kallang/Whampoa (Mature estate)
Offering 411 units of Three- and Four-room flats.
This BTO flat is located along Lorong 3 Geylang and comprises two residential blocks that are 23 storeys high. It is a six-minute walk from Kallang MRT Station.
- Geylang Methodist Primary and Secondary School is 14-minutes on foot
- Three-minute walk to NTUC Fairprice at Upper Boon Keng
The proximity to Kallang MRT station ensures that buyers are very well connected to Central areas such as Bugis (2 stops) and City Hall (3 stops). For shopping and dining needs, there is Boon Keng Ville Neighbourhood Centre (six-minute walk) which has hawkers and fresh produce. And if buyers appreciate nature, there is also Kallang River (seven-minute walk) available for enjoyment. Personally, this location would be more ideal for working couples who prioritise convenience and work in the city area.
Offering 444 units of Three- and Four-room flats
This BTO flat will be bounded by Serangoon Road and Towner Road and comprises two residential blocks that range from 35 to 39 storeys high. It is a three-minute walk from Boon Keng MRT Station.
- Five-minute walk from Hong Wen Primary School and Northlight Secondary School
- City Square Mall is ten-minute on foot
It is close to Boon Keng MRT station (six-minute walk) and Bendeemer MRT Station (eight-minute walk). This connects buyers to Central areas such as Dhoby Ghaut MRT station (three stops from Boon Keng MRT). For their shopping needs, there is Boon Keng Market and Food Centre (beside Boon Keng MRT) which fresh produce to cater to the buyers’ needs. Aside from that, there is Whampoa Park Connector, Jalan Besar Stadium and Swimming Complex for leisure and recreational purposes. Overall, this place is suitable for families with both the young and old.
- 3-room – $374,000 to $472,000
- 4-room – $523,000 to $674,000
Are you interested in any of the new BTO launch sites? Voice your thoughts in our comments section or on our Facebook community page.
If you enjoyed this article, 99.co recommends What are Jumbo HDB Flats and Where Can You Find Them?, and Deciding Between HDB and Bank Loans.
Looking for a property? Find the home of your dreams today on Singapore’s largest property portal 99.co!