Airbnb has no doubt changed the way some people travel. Instead of hotels, travelers are checking Airbnb listings first, largely due to its affordability and homey, off the tourist track quality.
What’s more, it’s a great way to check out interesting homes that are designed with a personal touch, not just for travelers but for homeowners who are looking at designing their new home.
Here are 10 Airbnb-worthy homes that met our criteria – concept, character and culture.
1. We will be very happy checking into this luxurious and spacious property. The concrete walls plus marble flooring and countertops set the stage for a relaxing environment, which is then elevated by fine art pieces and colourful furnishings.
Interior Designer: FSI
Location: Eng Kong Terrace
2. This 2-bedroom loft is sleek and sophisticated in its own right. It will make a great lodging for young couples who appreciate a stylish design that’s worthy of a prestigious neighbourhood.
Interior Designer: Lu+C Studio
Location: Loft @ Stevens (condo, 110sqm)
3. The East has a lot to offer tourists who enjoy good food and culture. This apartment lives it up by blending natural wood and contemporary furnishings into an overall industrial look, to achieve that old yet charming vibe.
Interior Designer: Three-D Conceptwerke
Location: Woo Mon Chew (condo)
4. For minimalist lovers, this flat is as austere as one can get. For one, cove lightings were used in place of the usual exposed bulbs. The homeowners didn’t even want featured walls and had no need for bulky cabinetry. This is a true role model for a clutter-free life.
Interior Designer: Dezzo
Location: Khatib (HDB, 163sqm)
5. It seems like simple living is winning urban dwellers over. With their young child in mind, the homeowners kept their living space free for playtime. Several walls were hacked away to create an open concept, and a distinctive set of tiles was used to partition the space instead.
Interior Designer: Habit
Location: Tiong Bahru (HDB, 115sqm)
6. It looks like Scandinavian homes are a favourite amongst Airbnb users. This condo apartment helps us see its appeal. Resembling more like a loft, the space is airy and café-inspired; it will definitely make a nice holiday home.
Interior Designer: The Association
Location: Haig Road (condo, 167sqm)
7. An elegant retreat for the glamourous, this entire apartment is customised and fully furnished with contemporary works. Yes, it’s swanky, but you don’t have to be an expert to admire the details.
Interior Designer: One Stop Concept
Location: Sentosa Ocean Front (condo)
8. Channeling an upscale kampong spirit, this landed property unified contemporary and heritage with good taste. It’s certainly a unique gem amongst its lush neighbourhood and beyond.
Interior Designer: Linear Space Concept
Location: Kampong Java (landed, 232sqm)
9. A bookshelf with a mix of home décor items and travel, history and arty books? That screams Airbnb all over. But what sealed the deal for us is the clever use of unique floor tiles to break the monotony of a cemented floor.
Interior Designer: M3
Location: Bukit Batok (HDB, 103sqm)
10. There may be a lot going on in this HDB flat, but everything seems to fall into its rightful place. One thing’s for sure; you will not get bored exploring this Eclectic home. In fact, you may just get lost admiring its various parts, from one-of-a-kind shelving ideas to hard-to-ignore lightings; there’s even cool surprises in the bathroom.
Interior Designer: Prozfile
Location: Woodlands (HDB, 149sqm)
If you are looking to create your own Airbnb-worthy home, download the Qanvast app and save these home renovation ideas onto your inspiration boards. You can also get up to 5 complimentary quote requests from interior designers.
This article originally appeared on Qanvast
If you need someone to create a dream space you love, here’s how Qanvast can help. We have tons of cool interior ideas of Singapore homes on Qanvast and you can request quotes from trusted home professionals who can work magic on your home.
Download the free Qanvast app for a smooth renovation journey here from the App store or Google store
Looking to sell your property?
Whether your HDB apartment is reaching the end of its Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) or your condo has crossed its Seller Stamp Duty (SSD) window, it is always good to know how much you can potentially gain if you were to list and sell your property. Not only that, you’ll also need to know whether your gains would allow you to right-size to the dream home in the neighbourhood you and your family have been eyeing.
One easy way is to send us a request for a credible and trusted property consultant to reach out to you.
Alternatively, you can jump onto 99.co’s Property Value Tool to get an estimate for free.
If you’re looking for your dream home, be it as a first-time or seasoned homebuyer or seller – say, to upgrade or right-size – you will find it on Singapore’s fastest-growing property portal 99.co.
Meanwhile, if you have an interesting property-related story to share with us, drop us a message here — and we’ll review it and get back to you.
Join our social media communities!
Main Facebook page
Facebook #All Things HDB page
Facebook #Condo-Maniacs page
Facebook #UHNWIs Luxury Homes page
Leave a comment