99.co is looking for a Finance Manager who will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
What you’ll do
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies
- Oversee the company’s financial and account transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximising a cost-effective benefits package
- Assist in acquisition due diligence
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Monitor updates in accounting standards/legislation on reporting and create awareness among the team
- Assist in preparation of financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor legal issues involving the company and those affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure completion of audit and tax schedules as required by external audit and tax agents for the preparation of audited accounts and tax computation and that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Assist in debt and equity financing
What you are/have/will be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business a quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience, and MBA,CFA and/or CPA is a plus.
- Strong finance/accounting background with experience in company financial closing and general accounting methodologies.
- Understanding of accounting principles, including IFRS and related international accounting standards.
- Ability to manage a varied and diverse workload, while ensuring accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead/drive operational initiatives.