99 Group is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer to join our diverse team of people who are passionate about taking the real estate industry properly into the age of technology through innovation and a desire to solve its multitude of challenges.
We’re looking for someone who’s very comfortable with Python, Microservices and scaling via Cloud technology. The responsibility of this role is to lead our backend engineering team through open & transparent technical discussions, estimations and business tradeoffs. The ideal candidate will enjoy both a handoff approach via technical roadmap planning and hands-on experience via mentoring, proposal/code review and some occasional bug bashing. A good time split is about 40/60 in terms of technical/management + planning.
What you’ll do:
- Plan backend technical roadmaps and see through the execution of it.
- Partner closely with other technical leads (Frontend, QA, Mobile, Infra) to improve developer productivity and efficiency across the engineering org
- Carry out 1-1 sessions with backend engineers to craft their growth & career path as well as supporting their personal matters if needed
- Review various technical proposal from the team
- Review app and feature coding with various product teams as needed
- Take lead on projects, as needed
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
What you are/have/will be:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred but not required. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute
- >5 years of experience in Backend Engineering preferred
- Prior experience in leading a backend engineering team or squad is highly preferred
- Keen interest in readable, scalable & performant code
- Competent in Python, Event Driven Framework (Tornado), Micro Service and Relational DB
- Familiarity with GCP/AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubenertes, CI/CD is a plus
Thank you for your time and application! We will contact you if you’re shortlisted for the position.