Like a blast from the past, 1953 Tessensohn will soon be launched at 3 Balestier Road. It is a freehold development in District 8, by Oxley Holdings Limited that merges seven conservation shophouses dating from 1953. See where it got its name?
Seven of its 14 retail shops and nine of its 58 residential units will be housed in the conserved shophouses, named ‘Heritage Collection’. The rest will be a part of the ‘Modern Collection’, which will also contain nine ‘Penthouse Collection’ apartments in the new part of 1953 Tessensohn.
It is a six-storey development that brings “a new breath of legacy”. Being in an older part of Singapore, Balestier is being revamped as 1953 Tessensohn is constructed.
1953 Tessensohn is also less than a two-minute drive away to the entrance or exit of Central Expressway (CTE) and Pan Island Expressway (PIE). Farrer MRT station is also just a six-minute walk away from the new development. Directly above the station is a Connexion with an integrated healthcare and hospitality complex.
Where the Past and Present Collides
Within its lush grounds, residents can opt for alfresco dining - be it for brunch, lunch, or dinner. But that’s not all.
A whole section on the fourth floor is carved out for some fun and relaxation. A cookout area with a Western grill is right beside the pool. After gorging on delicious barbecued meat, residents and their kiddos can dip in the pool to enjoy the atmosphere of being with friends or family.
And although the Miss Universe pageant is over, 1953 Tessensohn residents can still practice their runway struts on the Lantern Walk. The Flora Sanctuary is also just a few seconds’ walk away.
- City Square Mall is only a four-minute drive away, and within it is Fair Price for grocery shopping purposes
- An alternative supermarket would be Sheng Siong, which is a nine-minute walk away from 1953 Tessensohn
- Farrer Park Primary School, North Light School, and Hong Wen School are within a three to eight-minute drive away
- Mount Emily and Kallang Riverside Park are reachable by car in 11 minutes
- Bendemeer and Boon Keng are 11 minutes away by foot