Who’s it for?
Eastwave @ Canberra has just reached its MOP in 2022 and is suitable for:
- Residents who prioritise the convenience of public transport
- Residents who want to live in a development equipped with amenities in the North
- Want unblocked views as the area around is zoned for schools and sport facilities
Eastwave @ Canberra is a short 6-minute walk away from Canberra MRT Station and Canberra Plaza. Opened in 2019, Canberra MRT station is situated on the North-South Line between Yishun and Sembawang MRT stations. On the North-South Line, residents can get to key locations such as Orchard MRT in under 40 minutes. Besides MRT services, Eastwave @ Canberra is also situated within walking distance to a bus stop at Blk 120a, which provides bus services like 883. Bus 883 brings residents around the Sembawang, Canberra and Yishun areas.
For residents who prefer private transportation, the HDB development is connected to Canberra Link. It will link residents to major roads such as Woodlands Ave 12 which is connected to the Seletar Expressway (SLE). The SLE traverses the northern end of the island and joins the Central Expressway (CTE) and Tampines Expressway (TPE) in Seletar to the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) in Kranji. This brings residents to the Central areas of Singapore in under 40 minutes.
The future North-South Corridor will be a 21.5 km route integrated transport corridor to connect the north region to the city. It will cater to pedestrians, cyclists, buses and drivers. More excitingly, the North-South Corridor will potentially reduce the travelling time from the North to the City by about 30 minutes.
Schools Near Eastwave @ Canberra
From preschools to secondary schools, residents of Eastwave @ Canberra can be rest assured that there are plenty of options available. In fact, My First Skool at Blk 120 Canberra Crescent is located within the development itself.
Here is a list of schools within close proximity:
- My First Skool at Blk 120 Canberra Crescent (100m)
- Northland Secondary School (2.1km)
- Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School (1.5km)
- Sir Manasseh Meyer International School (SMMIS) (2.4km)
- Yishun Primary School (1.7km)
- Wellington Primary School (2.3km)
- Xishan Primary School (2km)
- Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School (2km)
- Brainy Bunch International Islamic Montessori (2.6km)
- Skool4Kidz Preschool @ Sembawang Canberra East Crown (850m)
- Yishun Town Secondary School (2.2km)
- Sembawang Primary School (2.2km)
Shopping Centres Near Eastwave @ Canberra
The closest major malls to Eastwave @ Canberra is Sembawang Shopping Centre and Sun Plaza. They are both within walking distance about 1.5km away from Eastwave @ Canberra.
For neighbourhood malls, there is also Canberra Plaza (550m) and Junction Nine (2.5km). Canberra Plaza, which started its operations in 2020, is a neighbourhood mall integrated with Canberra MRT station. Avid gym-goers can work out at Gymmboxx located on the third floor. Besides the gym, there are also essential stores like NTUC Fairprice, Daiso, SKP, Guardian, A&W and more.
Sembawang Shopping Centre is a four-storey mall comprising plenty of retail stores. Some notable stores across each level include Anytime Fitness and MR. D.I.Y on level 2, Astons, Giant and Q & M Dental Surgery (Sembawang) are anchor tenants of B1, Burger King, Daiso and Hei Sushi on level 1.
Sun Plaza is a mixed-use residential and commercial development with over 170 retail outlets that span five commercial levels. For restaurant and dining, there are tenants such as Haidilao Hot Pot, Crave, Dunkin’ Donuts and more. For banking services, there is ICBC Bank Singapore and a UOB Autolobby. For shopping and retail, there is Bata, Challenger, Decathlon, Japan Home and more.
Within the development itself, there are several amenities for residents of Eastwave @ Canberra:
- Kataomo Hair Saloon
- The Dental Lodge Sembawang
- Canberra Care Medical Clinic
- XU YANG ACUPUNCTURE & TCM CLINIC
- The Baker’s Brothers Pte Ltd
- Ang Mo Super Market
- Food Paradise Coffeeshop
- Mister Wash Laundromat
- My First Skool @ 120 Canberra Crescent
Residents can also do their marketing at the different markets near Eastwave @ Canberra:
- Yishun Market produce (2km)
- Aamir's Market (1.8km)
- Yishun Avenue 5 Wet Market (2.5km)
- Chong Pang Market & Food Centre (2.4km)
The Chong Pang Market & Food Centre offers economically priced local food ranging across a plethora of cuisines, so residents marketing can also enjoy delicious food there.
Parks Near Eastwave @ Canberra
Canberra’s close proximity to Yishun, a nature hotspot leaves residents of Eastwave @ Canberra spoilt for choice. The upcoming nature park at Khatib Bongsu set to open in 2024 will allow kayaking through the dense network of mangrove waterways which are about 9km. There are plenty of options for nature lovers:
- Yishun Neighbourhood Park (1.2km)
- Jalan Kemuning Park (1.4km)
- Jalan Sendudok Park (750m)
- Yishun Nature Park @ Yishun Greenwalk (2.6km)
- Legundi Park (1.8km)
- Montreal Green (1km)
- Simpang Kiri PCN (1.2km)
- Sembawang Park (2km)
Places of Worship Near Eastwave @ Canberra
Members of the different religions can be assured that their respective places of worship are accessible from Eastwave @ Canberra.
Here is a list of the places of worship near Eastwave @ Canberra:
- Glory Joy Christian Church (1.8km)
- Praise Evangelical Church (1.2km)
- Smyrna Assembly (2.2km)
- Chu Siang Tong Temple (1.6km)
- Chong Pang Combined Temple (1.8km)
- Masjid Darul Makmur (1.3km)
- Assyafaah Mosque (2.2km)
- Masjid Petempatan Melayu Sembawang (2.8km)
Hospitals Near Eastwave @ Canberra
There are plenty of family clinics nearby to treat common ailments such as cold and flu. Canberra Care Medical Clinic is located in the HDB development itself. Besides this clinic, there are other options in the vicinity:
- Canberra Care Medical Clinic (100m)
- T Medical Clinic (Canberra) (700m)
- BestMed Family Clinic & Homecare (550m)
- Frontier Medical Associates (900m)
- VIVA MEDICAL GROUP (CANBERRA PLAZA) (500m)
- XU YANG ACUPUNCTURE & TCM CLINIC (50m)
The nearest hospital, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, is just a short drive away. Khoo Teck Puat Hospital specialises in many departments ranging from Dental Surgery to General Surgery.