TMW Maxwell is a new launch condominium at Maxwell Road in the Central Business District in prime District 2. In a collective sale tender for the former Maxwell House, 145 strata units comprising the 13-story commercial development were awarded to Chip Eng Seng Corp, SingHaiyi Investments and Chuan Investments. Chip Eng Seng Corp and SIngHaiyi are well-established developers known for developments such as Grandeur Park Residences and City Suites, respectively. The site will have a gross plot ratio of at least 5.6 and a gross floor area of at least 21,746.48 square metres, with the commercial component accounting for up to 20%.
Location of TMW Maxwell. Source: OneMap
Unit Mix and Facilities
TMW Maxwell comprises 324 units. Approximately 62% of the units here are studio apartments, 22.5% are 1-bedroom units, 4.94% are 2-bedroom units, and 10.49% are 2-bedroom dual key units.
- Studio - 44.19-44.54 sqm (201 units)
- 1-Bedroom - 47.38-48.4 sqm (34 units)
- 1-Bedroom + Study - 50.89-52.65 sqm (34 units)
- 1-Bedroom Loft - 78.35-80.85 sqm (5 units)
- 3-Bedroom - 910-992 sqm (39 units)
- 2-Bedroom - 73.6 sqm (16 units)
- 2-Bedroom Dual Key - 77.86-79.87 sqm (34 units)
All units will be fitted with electrical appliances from SMEG and sanitary ware from Gessi and Roca.
TMW Maxwell offers an array of recreational facilities, including a sky pool, sky bar, sky lounge, wellness terrace and many more.
Transportation options near TMW Maxwell
Located on the site of the former Maxwell House along Maxwell Road, TMW Maxwell sits in the heart of the CBD, providing exceptional accessibility for residents to live, work and play. Maxwell MRT station is a short two minutes walk away from the development, connecting residents to various destinations along the Thomson East Coast Line, such as Shenton way, Orchard and Upper Thomson. Additionally, residents will be able to access other lines on the MRT network via interchange stations like Outram Park for the East-West and North-East lines, and Marina Bay for the North-South and Circle lines.
For residents who drive, the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) and the Central Expressway (CTE) is a short drive away from TMW Maxwell, bringing residents to other places around Singapore, such as:
- Gardens by the Bay [8 min drive away via MCE]
- Marina Barrage [8 min drive away via MCE]
- East Coast Park [12 min drive away via MCE and East Coast Parkway (ECP)]
- Orchard Road [12 min drive away via CTE]
- Changi Airport [18 min drive away via MCE and ECP]
Eateries near TMW Maxwell
Maxwell Food Centre
The food scene around the Maxwell-Tanjong Pagar enclave is teeming with bountiful cafes, bars restaurants and more. For example, Maxwell Food Centre is a popular destination among locals, with notable hawker stalls like Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice, Maxwell Fuzhou Oyster cake, Alimama and Old Nonya.
Other noteworthy eateries include places such as:
- Torasho Ramen & Charcoal Bar [2 min walk away]
- Five Oars Coffee & Roasters Heritage [2 min walk away]
- Gangnam BBQ [4 min walk away]
- Bearded Bella [6 min walk away]
- Amuse Dessert Co [6 min walk away]
Shopping Malls near TMW Maxwell
Chinatown Point Singapore
As TMW Maxwell is nestled right in the city centre, there are plentiful malls and retail destinations for residents to indulge in. For instance, the shopping belt along Orchard Road is Singapore's most famous shopping district among locals and tourists, with a wide array of shopping malls housing premium brand names like Dior, Prada and Chanel.
Here are a list of shopping destinations nearby:
- 100 AM [9 min walk away]
- Chinatown Point [10 min walk away]
- Suntec City/ Marina Square [8 min drive away]
- VivoCity/ Harbourfront Centre [8 min drive away]
- Plaza Singapura [9 min drive away]
- 313 Somerset/ Orchard Central [10 min drive away]
- ION Orchard/ Takashimaya/ Paragon Shopping Centre [13 min drive away]
Schools near TMW Maxwell
Students in Cantonment Primary School
- Cantonment Primary School [4 min drive away]
- CHIJ (Kellock) [5 min drive away]
- Outram Secondary School [6 min drive away]
- River Valley Primary School [8 min drive away]
There are several schools nearby TMW Maxwell, such as Cantonment Primary School, River Valley Primary School and Outram Secondary School. As a result of the revision of the Ministry of Education's home-school distance scheme, the distance between schools and homes will be calculated during Primary 1 registration exercises by calculating the shortest distance between a point around the school and the applicants' homes. Therefore, this move will eliminate parents' concerns about the distance between their homes and nearby schools.
Nature spots near TMW Maxwell
Serene Gardens at Gardens by the Bay. Source: Gardens by the Bay
Even though TMW Maxwell is situated in the bustling business district surrounded by many office buildings, there are plenty of nature parks and outdoor places nearby. Residents will still get to enjoy strolling amongst the lush greenery and foliage, and have tranquil picnics with their loved ones as well.
Here are some nature spots near the development:
- Telok Ayer Park [3 min walk away]
- Duxton Plain Park [7 min walk away]
- Pearl's Hill City Park [15 min walk away]
- Gardens by the Bay [6 min drive away]
- Marina Barrage [8 min drive away]