Looking to buy a 4-room HDB anytime soon? Our friends over at Qanvast have come up with some great new designs to make your new home our own. From Yishun, to Punggol, to Tampines, and Tanglin Halt, we have assembled some truly hidden gems for you !
4-room flats are dime a dozen in Singapore. Make your flat stand out with a magazine-worthy urban style, perfect for grown-up cool kids that adore clean, contemporary lines with a dash of boldness. We sussed out six 4-room flat designs that give maximum chic with minimal elements.
1. This home would be the pride of any self-respecting hipster. With standout industrial elements such as brick walls, bicycle elements and the generous use of warm wood, the effect is stylish with a tinge of edge. We especially love how the seamless interplay of light and dark wood on surfaces in the kitchen, study and bedroom, gives the classic material an unexpected twist.
Interior Designer: Ace Space Design
Location: Yishun Avenue 9
Cost of renovation: $32,000
2. For those that enjoy a touch of heritage in their home, this design deftly mixes old-school and contemporary elements for a uniquely charming ambience. It is grounded by sophisticated black accents in the form of folding French door frames, open-design lighting and kitchen panelling. Refreshing mint, pale grey hues and white then lighten it up for a cheerful, well-balanced look.
Interior Designer: The Interior Lab
Cost of renovation: $35,000
3. Break up the muted hues of the Scandinavian colour palatte with rich dark solids of brown, grey, blue, and forest green. With such rich Nature-inspired tones alongside clean contemporary lines, the result is an inviting, earthy space that evokes calm.
Interior Designer: Lux Design
Cost of renovation: $35,000
4. Clean and uncluttered, this design nevertheless packs a punch with a few well-chosen elements, such as its architectural lamps that would look right at home in a New York design studio. The strategic use of space also gives the home an expansive, roomy feel and integrates usually grungy industrial elements in a refined manner.
Interior Designer: Chapter One Interior Design
Location: Tampines Greenleaf
Cost of renovation: $37,000
5. Achieving urban chic doesn’t always necessitate having one statement accent take centre stage while all other elements blend into the background. This design pushes the boundaries and keeps it eclectic with gorgeous navy sofas, retro tile flooring and playful art elements, while liberal use of medium-toned wood ties it all together for a cohesive and luxurious outlook.
Interior Designer: Project File
Project: Tanglin Halt
Cost of renovation: $75,000
6. This gorgeous apartment is well-lit and full of interesting detail that takes the Scandinavian-inspired aesthetic to new heights. Wheels on tables, car rear-view mirrors wall decor, as well as asymmetrically placed geometric cabinets are all subtle nods to creative design without being too outlandish. Grey-washed walls and grooved wood furnishings are also the perfect way to add texture to otherwise boring neutral hues.
Interior Designer: Space Sense Studio
Cost of renovation: $60,000
This article originally appeared on Qanvast
We have tons of beautiful homes in the Qanvast app! Download the free app on App Store and Google Play to browse for more homes and and save these home renovation ideas onto your Qanvast boards to get a head start on your home renovation journey! If you need us to mach you with trusted interior designers to do up your home, click here.
Ready to find the home you’ll love? Go to 99.co!